Monday, February 22, 2016

Tutorial for One Sheet Tote Bag Treat Holder

I love this little treat holder that looks like a purse or a tote bag.  I made this one for the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop, you can see that post HERE














In that post I said I would post a tutorial on how you can make your own treat holder.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
Simply Scored Scoring Tool and Stylus
Ruler and Scoring Stylus
Tear & Tape Adhesive
Fast Fuse Adhesive
1 sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock, I am using Sahara Sand
Designer Series Paper, 2 pieces cut to 3-1/2" x 4-1/4"
Cardstock for Trim, 2 pieces cut to 5/8" x 4-1/2"
Cardstock for Handles, 2 pieces cut to 5/8" x 8-1/2"
Candy Dots Brad Bases
Pearl Basic Jewels
Handheld 1/8" Hole Punch
Paper Snips
Circle Stick on Velcro Fastener 

INSTRUCTIONS:
Score on long side at 3/4", 4-1/2", 6-1/2", 10-1/4"
Turn paper to short side and score at 2", 6-1/2"
Measure 2" from the 4-1/2" & 6-1/2" score lines and score diagonally to the edge
I have drawn lines to show you where to score, score both sides of paper


Fold on all score lines
 Fold the diagonal score lines

Apply Tear & Tape Adhesive from the diagonal score line to the corner on all 4 sides

Adhere edges down and secure

Fold the center two score lines to form the box bottom

Bring the top two edges together and pinch in the sides of box

Ready to decorate and embellish
Here is what I used to finish mine
Add brads to handles and a velcro fastener to the inside



All finished! What do you think? 
I hope you will be inspired to create your own One Sheet Tote Bag Treat Holder.  Thanks for stopping by today,   please take a moment to leave a comment if you wish.  I love reading comments.

Live, Laugh, Love and STAMP!
~Barbara

4 comments:

Regina said...

thanks for the great tutorial! The purse is perfect for so many occasions!
Regina*

Gloria S said...

Just had to ask you, "Can I be YOU when I grow up?" You do such stunning work (play). I love your black, white & whatever.

Shwetablog said...

nice

Shwetablog said...

great