Sunday, June 8, 2008

From Messy to...Clean!

Happy Sunday!
Today starts 7 days of dance recital week for me & my family. My daughter has been dancing since she was 4 and she is now 16! The one week in June when I am completely focused on the dance recital has now arrived. I am one of the many staff members at the dance studio which has about 1000 dancers. There are 3 casts, each with a technical rehearsal, dress rehearsal and 2 performances. My daughter also teaches 5 classes and has her own dances in tap, jazz and ballet on pointe that she will perform as well. I run the backstage area where all the dancers are pulled from their dressing rooms and lined up prior to going on stage.

Yesterday, in preparation for the busy week ahead, I cleared my stamping desk in my craft room from all the creative mess I had made while designing and stamping convention swaps. Here is the messy desk photo (I can't believe I am showing you this):














And here it is after I cleared and put away the ink pads, put the stamps back in the cases, punches in the bins and markers in the drawer:














Now that it is clean, I want to STAMP...oh yeah, I have to go work the dance recital.

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!

5 comments:

Ret said...

oh my gosh, you're as messy as me!! hehe but your clean pic is beautiful. mine would never stay that way. lol

love your stamp pad rack!
have a fun week at the dance studio!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, I am more impressed with how well it cleaned up than how messy it was! Beautiful work area.....DH & I are "planning" a redo for my craft room. I wanted July but it will more likely be January!!!
Good luck with all your dance stuff!
LeAnne

Jessie/knightrone said...

Messy or not, I am so jealous of your stamping space!! Have fun at the recital!!

kellyjean said...

Gasp! What a difference, huh? Okay, you've inspired me to get mine cleaned up... just after I surf a bit more, he he he...

Sherri said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that makes a big ole mess when I stamp. The putting it back thing is never as much fun as getting it out for some reason. Love your space.