Sunday, April 6, 2008

WHERE'S THE POSTS?

Are you wondering why I haven't posted anything since Friday? Well I have been busy stamping along with the VSN Fashion Weekend over at SCS. It is a Virtual Stamp Night turned into a Virtual Stamp Weekend. The fun began Friday, April 4 at 6 pm EDT (3 pm for me in Arizona) and lasted until Saturday, April 5 at 11 pm EDT (8pm in Arizona), different challenges are posted every hour and you have 45 minutes to complete the challenge, upload your card and clean up to get ready for the next. I didn't get any of my cards uploaded until today, I even missed a couple of challenges due to making dinner and doing laundry. VSN lets you try new things and gets your creativity flowing. I created 15 cards total!! All are on my gallery at SCS. I will share a few here as well.

I Love My Threads
The challenge was to use thread on your card in some way. I used the Paper Piercing Tool Kit to make the holes and then used the Linen Thread from SU! to hand sew the DSP to the layer of cardstock. The horse was inked and stamped repeatedly without adding ink.


















RECIPE:
STAMPS: Wanted
PAPER: Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Ruby Red, Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa Prints DSP
INK: River Rock, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa
ACCESSORIES: Linen Thread, Needle, Paper Piercing Tool Kit, Dimensional Adhesive

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day.

1 comment:

kellyjean said...

I like how this card looks like a page from a book. Love it!