Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Ombre Stampin' Up! Colors Tutorial


Welcome to my blog. Today I am sharing a tutorial of how I made the cards showing the Ombre technique with Stampin' Up! Colors.
I had the privilege of demonstrating this at Amy's Vintage Valentine Celebration last weekend.  
Colors: Sahara Sand, Gray Granite, Smoky Slate, and Basic Gray
Stamp Set: Country Home
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tin Tile Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Blends, and Linen Thread
*This is just one of 19 sample cards. See the next blog post for more samples.

What is Ombré?
Ombré is the graduating effect from light to dark tones of colors that shade into each other.


How To Ombré

Cut four 1" x 5-1/4" strips of corresponding ombré colors.

Place the strips side by side inside an embossing folder making sure they line up to create one whole piece. Tip: Use washi tape on the back side (the side that will not be shown) to hold the four strips together to ensure they stay lined up correctly.

Run the embossing folder through the Big Shot. (Example of the washi tape on the backside to hold the strips together)

Adhere the embossed ombré piece to a 5 ½” x 4 ¼” piece of Whisper White 
 

Thank you for stopping by today. Check back tomorrow for more cards that feature this technique.  I hope this will inspire your creativity.

I love to read your comments, please let me know what you liked about my tutorial.

Live, Laugh, Love and STAMP!
~Barbara

No comments: