Friday, October 16, 2009

My Crazy Week and Candy Jars!!!!!

Hello friends, it has been a crazy week. I have so much to share and don't even know where to begin. So I will just dive right in......the week started off good, on Monday I had some time to stamp and create.
Tuesday
however wasn't so good, we spent most of the afternoon and early evening in the Emergency Room with our son Bryan, who was having acute abdominal pain while at school on the campus of ASU in Tempe. We drove down to check him out and ended up in the ER...no official cause, and he is improving daily.
Then came Wednesday, a day of running errands and shopping. Kelsey called in a panic that her car wouldn't start......so I had to leave my half-full cart at COSTCO and go pick her up and take her back to PVCC. Then went back to COSTCO to complete my shopping. Then to pick her up again and deal with the car....thankfully it was only a dead battery. With that taken care of I met my firend Vicki for dinner at Chili's and then finally was able to get home and relax, of course this meant doing a little stamping, it is my therapy!
Now we are up to Thursday, the morning was good, met my friend Linda for lunch at BJ's and we enjoyed our lunch and talking about stamping. As soon as I left the restaurant, my husband was on his way home from working at the ER, he had been sent home because he has the H1N1 flu.......eek!!!!! I got home and started cleaning like crazy and spraying Lysol on everything. Most of yesterday, I took care of him and also did some stamping, again I need my therapy!!
Yeah!!!! Today is Friday and Bryan is all better and going to work tonight, Paul is still very sick and so far Kelsey and I are okay. I managed to upload some pictures so I can have something to share.

I created these fun hand-stamped tags to tie on decorative jars that I have Halloween candy in, they sit on the dining room buffet. I love the way this looks........cute, festive and also yummy!


































































All supplies, except for glass jars, are from Stampin' Up!
Stamps Sets: Grateful Greetings, Holiday Best
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black; Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Markers
Access: Circle Punches, Oval Punches, Tag Punches, Jumbo Pewter Eyelets, Crop-A-Dile, Linen Thread, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Paper Snips; on large jar below: Decor Elements Spooky Spider
Over the next few days I will be sharing more of the projects I have been stamping during this week and also the shoebox swaps from my downline meeeting. So please check back tomorrow for more. Thanks for sticking with me!!

Live, Laugh, Love and STAMP!
~Barbara

3 comments:

Diana Gibbs said...

Hi Barbara,

I hope your hubby gets better. The jars are gorgeous...Ha! mine have skulls and eyeballs in them...yours look much yummier...but tell hubby "keep his hands out!"

Hugs, and have a great weekend,
Di

Jeannie said...

Love the jars! So adorable! I'm having a kids' Halloween class tomorrow and want to do something like this very quickly!! TFS!

Beth said...

Oh my! You have had quite the week! Take care of yourself and your family. Get plenty of rest so you don't all get sick. LOVE your projects, Barbara, as always. TFS!