Friday, May 23, 2008

No More Bad Swaps Group Swap

I am happy to be a member of the NMBS (No More Bad Swaps) Group. This is a group of ladies that are excellent stampers and were tired of getting swaps that were just so-so. They wanted an upper level of swaps in return and thus this group was formed. I received an invitation from Beth, the swap coordinator to join and I graciously accepted. This was the first swap that I participated in and it was for full card specialty cards. I signed up for 2 groups. The cards I got in return were absolutely gorgeous and perfect in every way.

My first card is a Criss-Cross Card that I created using one of my favorite color combos - Soft Sky and Blue Bayou.














RECIPE:
Stamps: One of a Kind, Boho Backgrounds
Paper: Blue Bayou, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Blue Bayou DSP
Ink: Blue Bayou, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky
Access: Silver Brads, Blue Bayou Ribbon, Dimensional Adhesive, Glue Dots
Tools: Scalloped Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Rounded Tab Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch

**********************************************************************************
My second card is a Surprise Pop-Up Card. I chose the color combo based on the Flower Fusion colors as I knew I wanted to use these felt flowers as an embellishment for the front on the card.
Here is the card closed



















Here is the card open


















RECIPE:

Stamps: Polka Dot Background, Fun & Fast Notes, Curvy Verses
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Rose Red, Whisper White, Rose Red DSP Prints
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Access: SU! Markers, Flower Fusion, Brads, Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Staples, Glue Dots, Dimensional Adhesive
Tools: Trimmer/Scorer, Photo Corners Punch, Stapler, 3/4" Circle Punch

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day.

1 comment:

leanne said...

This card is too fun. I love those colors!